View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

23.6 Yards?? Thur-Fri, April 30-May 1

Rate this Entry

Thursday:

I had a million things to do yesterday with friends coming into town. I contented myself with 45 minutes of yoga, stretching and RC exercises.

Friday: Swim/SCY/Solo @ LA Fitness

Warm up:

600 various
100 scull

Main sets:

2 x (25 AFAP + 50 EZ)

30 x 50 w/fins @ 1:00
done as 25 fast fly @ 100 pace + 25 EZ
150 EZ

4 x (50 AFAP kick w/fins + 100 EZ) @ 4:00
-- 23 flats
150 EZ

8 x 50 smooth free @ 1:00
50 EZ

Total: 3700

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My times on the kicks were a little fast. And it seemed like I was hitting the wall a little early on the 25 flys. On a hunch, I asked the lifeguard if the pool was in fact 25 yards. Turns out, it is 23.6 yards. Who builds a pool that length?! Crazy.

I've enjoyed not driving around so much the last week. But I am still looking forward to Pitt re-opening on Monday. I don't want to forget how to SDK!

Submit "23.6 Yards??  Thur-Fri, April 30-May 1" to Digg Submit "23.6 Yards??  Thur-Fri, April 30-May 1" to del.icio.us Submit "23.6 Yards??  Thur-Fri, April 30-May 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "23.6 Yards??  Thur-Fri, April 30-May 1" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Really??? 23.6 yards??? WTF?? Is that Bridgeville or Village Square? I need to go back and rethink things.

I have a friend training for Key West, thinking she's putting in 13K at LAF.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    Really??? 23.6 yards??? WTF??
    Indeed! That's just f'd up.
    Really??? 23.6 yards??? WTF?? Is that Bridgeville or Village Square? I need to go back and rethink things.

It's the one in Bethel Park right by the Bed, Bath & Beyond. I think they call that Village Square.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Indeed! That's just f'd up.
    That's LA Fitness for you. Actually, I think this is an old Bally. It's what I would call a complete sty. I only go there because it does not involve driving and I do a lot of driving. Sometimes, convenience is everything.

jennP..don't tell her!! Let it go!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    That's LA Fitness for you. Actually, I think this is an old Bally. It's what I would call a complete sty. I only go there because it does not involve driving and I do a lot of driving. Sometimes, convenience is everything.
    that place is 30 years old...my mom would drag me there when I was 10..( she told me to lie and tell the guards I was 13) so she could workout upstairs and I would lap swim to keep myself busy during her aerobics class.....its was awesome back then...they probably need to demo and rebuild...
    Quote Originally Posted by magick17
    It was awesome back then...they probably need to demo and rebuild...
    Yep, they do! It is really old and crappy. Even the equipment is old and dirty. The only thing that appears to have been redone is the cycle room. The showers give me the creeps; I never use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by magick17
    jennP..don't tell her!! Let it go!!
    She goes to Bridgeville. I am going to keep assuming that one is 25 yards.