5 x 50 free w/paddles @ :50
50 EZ

Main sets:

30 x 50 w/fins @ 1:00
-- done as 25 fly @ 100 pace + 25 EZ
100 EZ

2 x
4 x 50 hold best average @ 1:00
-- did this 1 kick, 1 swim. The kick hurt after the double drylands yesterday.
100 EZ
extra 100 EZ at end

5 x
50 free w/paddles @ 200 pace @ 1:00
50 free w/paddles @ 100 pace @ 1:00
50 EZ @ 1:00

150 EZ

Total: 4200 x Karl's multiplier of .944 = 3,964.8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't have time to get to Pitt today. I had a dermatologist appt, just for a baseline skin cancer screening. I didn't think I had any terribly suspicious spots. But with fair skin/fair hair/blue eye and lots of time in the sun/lifeguarding slathered with baby oil in my youth, I thought it was prudent to go. And now I know I'm all clear. After the appt, I just went to LA Fitness. Next time I do that 30 x 50 set, I think I need to cut back the interval. Looking forward to Pitt tomorrow!

Submit "Monday, May 4" to Digg Submit "Monday, May 4" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, May 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, May 4" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

FYI...I called the Bridgeville LA Fitness and asked the length of the pool. It is 25 METERS. And has a salt filter, which is nice for the skin :-). For an extra 5 minutes or so, it may be worth the drive to NOT go to hole formally known as Ballys.

I couldn't stand not knowing, after your revelation the other day. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    FYI...I called the Bridgeville LA Fitness and asked the length of the pool. It is 25 METERS. And has a salt filter, which is nice for the skin :-). For an extra 5 minutes or so, it may be worth the drive to NOT go to hole formally known as Ballys.

I couldn't stand not knowing, after your revelation the other day. LOL
    That's so funny! I'd love to do 25 m from time to time. I think I would have to transfer my membership though? You can't just go to any location can you?
    Glad you're melanoma-free. I just ran into an old masters swimming friend of mine at yoga tonight and he's given up swimming thanks to skin cancer and the fact that virtually all pools here are outdoors. I was happy to pass my skin check earlier this year, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    That's so funny! I'd love to do 25 m from time to time.
    SCM is totally excellent for training! My dream house would have an indoor SCM pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    SCM is totally excellent for training! My dream house would have an indoor SCM pool.
    Yes, indoor SCM, 7 feet deep with a block. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Glad you're melanoma-free. I just ran into an old masters swimming friend of mine at yoga tonight and he's given up swimming thanks to skin cancer and the fact that virtually all pools here are outdoors. I was happy to pass my skin check earlier this year, as well.
    Yeah, I have a friend who's had several cancerous moles removed. He is not supposed to be in the sun ever. His doctor literally told him to go on vacation in Alaska or Vancouver. I'm glad you are cancer free! Is suspect more people living in AZ should be checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    That's so funny! I'd love to do 25 m from time to time. I think I would have to transfer my membership though? You can't just go to any location can you?
    Unless you have some funky discount deal, you can go to any location as far as I know. I've been to the one in Robinson without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    Unless you have some funky discount deal, you can go to any location as far as I know. I've been to the one in Robinson without issue.
    Good to know. I didn't think all access was automatic. I'll have to check with mine. I only recall that I signed up for the $29.99 per month deal. That's pretty cheap, so it may not include all access ...