View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 05/04/15: evening

Rate this Entry
Took the week off from the pool last week, and finally went to the doctor to get my neck checked out. Was probably more serious than I originally figured, but I was given a small supply of anti-spasm meds that have really done the job of loosening it up and increasing my range of motion. Still a little tender, but overall much better. I also had the motorcycle serviced (and Lena picked out a riding jacket, so more rides with her this summer ) and most of the outside yardwork done.

I went to the pool tonight and didn't have to share the lane. The fact that we had our first 80-degree day since September likely contributed to the empty water ...

200 free/200 back/200 im drill
600 shark swim with snorkel
10 x 50 on :50 descend in pairs
50 easy
4 x 50 IMO sprint down,25 easy back
50 easy
100 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2100 yds/40 min)
----------------------------------

I felt pretty good in the water. With my improved focus on nutrition, I have dropped another 5 pounds so I have about 15 pounds to go. I should be able to start jogging again and also riding my bicycle to work as other ways to get some aerobics in.

It is looking like I am 95% in for swimming my first Nationals this summer as I have the time off for an Ohio college visit/road trip to Cleveland with my son. We are also looking at catching an Indians game and maybe a trip to the Football Hall Of Fame on the way home. I also am planning to swim the OW Nationals at Lake George at the end of August, so a few meets. I am bummed that I have to work during the Baystate Games, which are at Harvard in July.

Submit "Workout 05/04/15: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 05/04/15: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 05/04/15: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 05/04/15: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments