Excellent drop your worst stroke set

Rate this Entry
Today was fun!

8 x 75's on 1:30
drop your WORST stroke

8 x 50's on 1:00
Odds: free
Evens: Worst stroke (breaststroke)

I can't tell you how pleasant a 75 IM is when you drop your worst stroke. Had I been all gung ho, i'd have dropped the free even though we were allowed to drop our worst.

I actually worked the 50's breaststrokes, going 47, 45, 43, and 42. My time is around 38 for SCM, so I think those are pretty good. I just don't know. But boy was it so nice to not do breast at the end of the IM. So much nicer when you're fresh and know you have an easy 50 behind it. That's why I started going faster each one.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
I tried starting P90X3 but only did 2 days. It is so hard to get motivated to do anything at home, especially during my free 30 day Netflix. I feel like I have to get as much TV time in as possible. So far, i've watched the world get destroyed by supervolcano, plague, zombies, mega tsunami and toggled back and forth with BBC and new House of Cards. When I need to relax from such intense shows, I go to Life (i'm on Mammals) or secretly watch cartoons.

It's gotten to the point I pick a movie, start it, go to moviespoilers.com, read all about it, then fast forward to the good bits. Only 22 days left! To further maximiize the free trial, I got it for 4 devices so our entire family is watching Netflix, but none of us together. I think 3 of us were watching Babadook in staggered formation at one point. I let my free Acorn subscription expire because I literally went through all the content. I still had many more seasons of Midsommer Murders, but after about season 6, they all seem the same and I was falling asleep in each episode.

Submit "Excellent drop your worst stroke set" to Digg Submit "Excellent drop your worst stroke set" to del.icio.us Submit "Excellent drop your worst stroke set" to StumbleUpon Submit "Excellent drop your worst stroke set" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I can totally handle your swim workouts, but there is no way I could keep up with you on a "TV workout." I am still trying to catch up on one show, Scandal, and I'm about 6 or 7 episodes behind my wife. My problem is that, unless I am home with my wife and she forces me to watch TV, I just can't be bothered to sit still long enough to watch anything.

Paradoxically, though, I LOVE going to movies and will happily take 3 hours out of my weekend to go to the theater watch one movie on a weekend well before I'd watch 3 hours of TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I can totally handle your swim workouts, but there is no way I could keep up with you on a "TV workout." I am still trying to catch up on one show, Scandal, and I'm about 6 or 7 episodes behind my wife. My problem is that, unless I am home with my wife and she forces me to watch TV, I just can't be bothered to sit still long enough to watch anything.

Paradoxically, though, I LOVE going to movies and will happily take 3 hours out of my weekend to go to the theater watch one movie on a weekend well before I'd watch 3 hours of TV.
    Yes, you have to do double duty with another device/source - moviespoilers.com is my go to, but I also go to youtube for spoiler endings, or ask your family whether something is worth watching and where the good bits are. For instance, it's rite of passage to watch the entire Cabin in the Woods, but I could watch those last 15 minutes over and over!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    When I need to relax from such intense shows, I go to Life (i'm on Mammals)
    David Attenborough did an excellent job on those, enjoyed them all
    I hope you have unlimited bandwidth on your home internet!