View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Rediscovering the Descend sets

Rate this Entry
by , May 12th, 2015 at 11:24 AM (1841 Views)
I am making a huge effort to establish in a new lane.

I had another epiphany that I don't want to work hard most of the time, only huge effort some of the time. A very little amount of time. Like 10 minutes, cumulative.

I'm really tired (literally and figuratively!) of going in the fast lane on a 1:30 base interval. It's just harder than I want to work. And there isn't a rule that says I have to swim a certain speed with certain people just because i'm "fast".

I really like the 1:40 and 1:45 base (SCM). Instead of grinding my way through a set of 100's on 1:30 with 10 to 15 seconds rest in the funnel of faster up front people and fin wearing/pull bouy paddler people all around, it's so much nicer to go a more modest interval and descend down to great effort.

This issue is on longer sets, you end up lapping the people at the back. I think i'll just have to play around with switching to stroke or doing a broken thing when that happens.

Submit "Rediscovering the Descend sets" to Digg Submit "Rediscovering the Descend sets" to del.icio.us Submit "Rediscovering the Descend sets" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rediscovering the Descend sets" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments