View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed-Thur, June 10-11

Rate this Entry
Wednesday:

I had a root canal yesterday. The timing of it precluded me from getting in a swim. So I did a 5+ mile walk/jog.

Thursday:

Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt

Warm up:

500 various
100 scull
4 x 25 shooters w/fins
50 EZ
4 x 50 free, descend 1-4 to 100 pace
100 EZ

Main sets:

5 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) @ 2:30-3:00
150 EZ

10 x 25 fly w/fins @ 100 pace @ :45
-- I had thought about doing 20, but after doing almost no fly for a month, I didn't have the fly arms for it.
150 EZ

12 x 50
odds = @ 100 pace @ 1:00
evens = EZ @ 1:30
150 EZ

8 x 50 @ 1:00
odds = back
evens = back kick
150 EZ

Total: 3400

Vinyasa yoga, 60 min

This was one of the easier classes I've been to. I went at 7:30 pm and it was absolutely mobbed. They didn't have the heat on and that made a huge difference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm leaving in a couple hours to fly to Dartmouth for my son's graduation. I can hardly believe he's been there for four years ... I'm going to be dry for three days. The pool isn't open at a time that I can go when I'm there, very limited hours during the summer. I may be able to hit the gym.

Submit "Wed-Thur, June 10-11" to Digg Submit "Wed-Thur, June 10-11" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed-Thur, June 10-11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed-Thur, June 10-11" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Running , Yoga

Comments

I hear that this place has a good pool:
    http://swimteam.keeneymca.org/direct...quatic-center/
    I've never been there, but it might be worth a call to find out about drop-in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    I hear that this place has a good pool:
    http://swimteam.keeneymca.org/direct...quatic-center/
    I've never been there, but it might be worth a call to find out about drop-in.
    Yes, that's where they have the USA meets. Pretty close. I will check the hours just in case, but swimming is so time consuming. I'm not sure I'll be able to carve out enough time.