View RSS Feed

flippergirl

Lapping behind the sailboats....

Rate this Entry
I just felt like swimming in the lake today so I drove up to the sailboat club. I am trying to figureout how long it is when I swim behind the sailboats that are lined up.

I wonder if there is some kind of watch you can wear to tell your distance?

I used the tailend of the boats to stay in a straight line. That forced me in one of the directions to consistantly breath on my right side for a long time in order to make use of the boats stay straight. Up went my head way too high and down to the bottom of the lake went the opposite arm. But counting on the boats to stay in line I was forced to not give in until I slowly started trusting and sweeping the arm back instead of down. When I got it right it felt so effortless.
It seems like I can't get a day where my swim just feels great the whole time. I had a few of those a while back. Oh well...
I swam an hour and guessing on the length of the dock...I haven't got a clue really about my distance, and I put alot of thought into how to figure this out.
Trying to get 4 swims in this week.
Going to do the my speed is horrible endurance push and test at the end of the week.

Submit "Lapping behind the sailboats...." to Digg Submit "Lapping behind the sailboats...." to del.icio.us Submit "Lapping behind the sailboats...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Lapping behind the sailboats...." to Google

Updated June 2nd, 2009 at 09:16 PM by flippergirl

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments