View RSS Feed

After a long rest

USAS Meet

Rate this Entry
This weekend I am swimming in a USAS meet with my daughter. I am swimming Saturday and Sunday while my daughter swam all three days. I must admit I was jealous of her and would have loved to do the 100m free and the 400m free yesterday; alas I had to work.

My daughter who is 11 has had an awesome weekend so far doing best times on everything she has swum; 50 back, 100 free, 400 free, 200 free, and 200 back. In particular her 2:46 LCM 200 back was awesome dropping another 3 seconds from her entry time. It was great seeing her have fun with her friends with about 10, 11-12 year old girls dancing on the bulkhead ahead of finals.

I swam the 200free and the 200 back and did masters best in season times on both going 2:07.1(I thought I saw 2:06.9). Amazing how just the wrong side of 2:07.0 makes such a difference. I would have really like 2:06.9. My splits were great. My 200 back I went 2:21.7 which was over 3 seconds faster than I did at the this meet last year and again my splits were strong. I am swimming the 100 back and 50 free tomorrow. I plan on really attacking both events!

I start my taper at the end of next week which I am looking forward to. My endurance seems pretty good right now and I am really looking forward to some fast swims in a few weeks.

Submit "USAS Meet" to Digg Submit "USAS Meet" to del.icio.us Submit "USAS Meet" to StumbleUpon Submit "USAS Meet" to Google

Comments

Great swims, Stewart! I hope today goes just as well for you and your daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Great swims, Stewart! I hope today goes just as well for you and your daughter.
    Thanks Patrick. We had a lot of fun.
    I wish I could compete in OH this year. Good luck.
    Very strong swims for right now, Stewart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I wish I could compete in OH this year. Good luck.
    The great thing about masters swimming is there is always next time. We should coordinate scm meets this fall. I am highly likely going to do spms in LA in December. Patrick has also swum it the past two seasons and it would be great if we could all swim at the same meet. Now if we could get Fort as well it would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Very strong swims for right now, Stewart!
    Thanks Kirk. I am having a lot of fun and try putting my swimming into perspective. I have been focused on enjoying the journey as much as the race and this has helped a lot. The group I train with is small but they are a great group and make it a lot of fun!

Nice swims at your meet. It would be great if you were able to do the some meet in LA in December. Hopefully our swimming paths will cross in person sometime soon.