View RSS Feed

After a long rest

USAS Meet Day 2

Rate this Entry
I decided to scratch the finals last night and focus on being a dad. As much as I like racing I also thought this is a lot of kids main summer meet and as such me taking a finals spot was not the right think to do. Instead I had fun watching my daughter swim and have fun. Despite being slightly slower in her final she had a lot of fun.

I had a good night of sleep but this morning seemed to come too early. I did my normal warmup with some pace 50s and felt a little stiff. I notice this as a master when I swim multiple days where I get stiffer as the meet goes along. When I was younger I could do day after day with little to no ill affect. The mind still says I can do it but the body is fighting as hard as it can. Never mind. From here on out its a battle of mind over body.

Today I swam the 100 back and the 50 free. I felt really strong on the 100 back until about 85 meters and the last 15 hurt pretty bad. My splits were good although I think the second 50 could have been .5 or so faster if I had not tired. I went 1:05.6. I was pleased with this. Some rest and it will be interesting to see how fast I can go at Nationals. I have not swum a LCM back since I have been back, so I have nothing to compare this against which is actually kind of fun!

I was looking forward to the 50m free and thought I would have a good race. I had a great start and felt strong the whole way but when I looked up I went 26.2 which I was disappointed with. Tom said I had a great first 25 but my tempo dropped on the second 25. Despite the slower time I still had fun. Like last night I scratched the finals and will be dad again at finals tonight. My daughter is swimming the 100 back.

Submit "USAS Meet Day 2" to Digg Submit "USAS Meet Day 2" to del.icio.us Submit "USAS Meet Day 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "USAS Meet Day 2" to Google

Comments