2 x
75*DPS into 25 AFAP
100 kick
25*AFAP into 25*Ez into 50 DPS
100 kick
100 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/1600 yds/30 min)
---------------------------------
Trying to work in some speed in preparation*for my first Nationals (and second ever lcm meet). I am not following my usual two-week taper plan, but I do feel like I am a bit peppier in the water as compared to the lcm meet I did last year. At least I have a more robust base laid down at this point. In order to swim the trip, I swapped weekends so will be pulling a James Adams and 73 hours from now through Tuesday, then hopping in the car Wednesday morning for the 8 hour drive to Ohio. I plan to make it for a quick swim on Wed night and perhaps the pre-meet meeting, then will swim the 800 on Thursday*followed by the 400im, 50 free, and 200 back on Friday (plus maybe a relay). Then my son and I will be heading into Cleveland to catch some ball games and a visit to the*R&R HOF,*but most importantly for a college visit. I might try to drop in on a Masters workout while in town.

Submit "Workout 07/29/15: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 07/29/15: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 07/29/15: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 07/29/15: morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments

Good luck and enjoy!

Looks like you have quite a busy weekend planned
    cool, good luck and enjoy! I didn't get a chance to sign up for Nationals due to work conflicts. But, I will try to go up to Lake George and do at least one nationals.
    Sounds like quite a trip you have planned
    Hope everything goes smoothly!

My brother & family live in the Cleveland area, and I've visited several times. Despite what you hear, it really is a great place! Make sure you get to the West Side Market.
    I swam with a, "masters," team when I visited 2 years ago (was really a kids team with a few masters), but workouts were pretty brutal, about 5-6,000m each. It was down in Solon, let me know if you want more info.
    I am looking forward to a fun and busy weekend, Joel. Thanks!

Tom, I am still on the fence about LGOWS, mostly due to the travel commitment for Spire. If I sign up it will be near the deadline. The toughest thing there is finding reasonably-priced rooms!

I was able to find a team in the city at Cleveland State, Tim. If Preston ends up going to school there I will touch base with you about Solon (if I can survive one of those practices!). I will put West Side Market on the list for considertaion while we are in town.

Thanks all!