View RSS Feed

After a long rest

USMS summer Nationals Day 2

Rate this Entry
I decided to not take an alka seltzer before heading to bed and slept well but woke very congested. This cleared once I got up and ate breakfast.

The warmup pool was really crowded today compared to day 1. I felt good in the warmup with no ill affects from yesterday's 800.

Today I just had one event, the 200m back and I was very optimistic I would swim well.

I had quite a long wait ahead of the 200 and went for a second warmup about 30 minutes before the race and once again the pool was like a zoo as people were warming up and down after the 50 free.

I wanted to take the 200 out in 1:06 with the hope of coming back in 1:10 or faster. I had a good start and felt great on the first 50. I had a good turn and breakout and felt strong on the second 50 turning in 1:06. On the 3rd 50 I tightened up significantly and at about half way knew I was in trouble with my arms in particular hurting like never before. At 150 I misjudged the turn slightly and came off the wall shallow and was spent. I came 2nd which was good but my time was awful and I have not felt that bad on the second 100 of a back race ever. I don't know why I tied up but I did big time.

I am not upset but I don't like dieing and have not really had that issue with my swimming before. I took a nice long warm down after catching my breath and tried to forget about the race.

Tomorrow I have the 100 free and the 50 back.

Submit "USMS summer Nationals Day 2" to Digg Submit "USMS summer Nationals Day 2" to del.icio.us Submit "USMS summer Nationals Day 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "USMS summer Nationals Day 2" to Google

Updated August 8th, 2015 at 06:03 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Masters Swim Meets / Events

Comments