View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 08/09/15: morning

Rate this Entry
Still here in Cleveland with Preston. After watching the Indians play Friday night there was an awesome fireworks display that melded Rock and Roll with lights, flames, and fireworks and lasted at least twenty minutes. Saturday we hit the Rock and Roll HOF, wandered over to take a peak at the closed Browns Stadium, then drove over to the Great Lakes Brewery for lunch - great food and atmosphere. While waiting for our table we wandered across the street to the Westside Market, where one section contained fruits and veggies, and inside had meat and bakery goodies. Reminded me a lot of the markets in Spain ...

We then relaxed at the apartment we are renting through Air BnB (the pool here is closed so I used the treadmill), then we walked down and watched the final game of the arena league Cleveland Gladiators at the Q (where the Cavs plays). On the way back we stopped at the Chocolate Bar just off East 4th Street - a nice sweet treat.

This morning I wandered over to Cleveland State University (where Preston's visit is tomorrow) to join the Masters team there. Unfortunately the main Nat's 50m pool was dry (some sort of accident occured since I emailed staff here last week), but I was able to hop into their instructional 25y pool by myself. I followed part of the workout on the board ...
1000 warmup (did 200 free/200 back/200 im drill/ 400 Shark Swim)
16 x 25 (4 @ 20sec free, 4 @30sec back, no breaks)
4 x 25 on :40 - build
200 loosen and out
(Solo/CSU/1700 yds/35 min)
-----------------------------

Off to do some shopping in Aurora (no sales tax on clothing this weekend in Ohio), then we plan to head back and watch "How to Train Your Dragon" in 3-D at the Imax, capping off the night with a stop at the Hard Rock Cafe. Visit tomorrow then we make the drive home...Emma turns 21 tomorrow and is home through Tuesday to get a new license and finish up some errands. I hope to take the family out to brunch on Tuesday before she heads back to Philly. It'll be great to see her.

Submit "Workout 08/09/15: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 08/09/15: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 08/09/15: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 08/09/15: morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments