View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 08/19/15: noon

Rate this Entry
It's tough getting back to work after vacation, especially entering my long week. I slept in today then hit the pool at lunch...

200 free/200 back/200 im drill
500 shark swim
4 x (50 strong DPS on :50, 100 fast on 1:30) mixed in stroke/im
200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/1900 yds/40 min)
-----------------------------------

Matt was finishing up a set (he's planning to hit up Nationals in the spring), and Kevin was also there. Not too much traffic in the pool.

Hot and humid here in VT. Last week I preformed the marriage ceremony of my sister-in-law and her fiancé and dropped off the paperwork today. I also paid for the class that I will audit this fall at the Bible College, a Christian Counseling class called Spiritual Formation. The other classes held on Thursday nights do not really apply to me so I went with this one. Only two books, and I was able to get one as an ebook so I will be all set for the third year of the college!

Submit "Workout 08/19/15: noon" to Digg Submit "Workout 08/19/15: noon" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 08/19/15: noon" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 08/19/15: noon" to Google

Updated August 19th, 2015 at 10:51 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Back to school... enjoy!
    Last week I married my sister-in-law...
    um, say what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S

um, say what?

I preformed the marriage of my sister-in-law and her fiance.
    Just checking to see if anyone reads my blog...
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem

I preformed the marriage of my sister-in-law and her fiance.
    Ah, that makes good sense - and now we know that you are ordained. I suppose that I should have guessed that, but all I could think of was that you were using a form of the expression, "I married my daughter off...". Anyway, I got a good laugh.
    Hey, I just saw your posts from Nationals. Nice swims! (I was on vacation and didn't read the blogs for a while.) The 400 IM and 200 back on the same day, yikes that had to hurt. I like how you sneaked a fast 50 in between the two.
    Thanks Karl, it was a fun event for my first Nationals. I was pleased with my swims and enjoyed meeting many from the blogs.

I am not yet ordained, but a temporary officiant which is allowable under Vermont law (kinda like a fill in justice of the peace). I was able to work with a pastor friend to plan a special ceremony