2 x 50 burst + cruise
100 EZ
3 x Lochte free turn + 75 EZ
1 x forward start, SDK + cruise
5 x 50 various
100 EZ

Total: 1700

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before swimming, I did a half hour+ of yoga, stretching and foam rolling. The pool at Lebo was icy again. I was getting feet and calf cramps much of the time. During warm up, unfortunately, I slammed the top of my shoulders into the "wall" where the pool gets shallow doing a shooter. Very ouchy. I did a few Lochte style free flip turns. None were great; I was a little deep on the breakout each time. In retrospect, I should have worn an old tech suit to try them. I also snuck in one forward start and the lifeguard didn't even lecture me. I'm glad I have another day to rest bc my legs feel really tired at the moment.

Bad part of day: Getting smashed into by a teenage driver on the way to pick up Lil Fort from XC. She was either texting or in lala land bc she literally drove right into my lane without looking. I was shocked. No harm done to me, but my car has a ton of damage. I am not going to be pleased if I get a sh*tty rental car as a replacement.

Submit "Wed, Oct. 7" to Digg Submit "Wed, Oct. 7" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed, Oct. 7" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed, Oct. 7" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Hi,Fort, Me long time no post or chat!. Always like reading your swim stories. I learn a lot. I am responding because car accidents can really shake you up. So, sorry, but glad to hear your okay.
    Sounds like you got physically more hurt in the pool. But the car things is a hassle. Main thing is your okay. Nice to write to you again.
    That texting stuff is illegal in some states. Read a book about a terrible tragedy when a good young person was texting and driving in a northwest state. The state made a law against it and the kid went to jail for texting, which resulted in terrible car crashes and several deaths.
    Glad your OK Fort!
    Quote Originally Posted by flippergirl
    Hi,Fort, Me long time no post or chat!. Always like reading your swim stories. I learn a lot. I am responding because car accidents can really shake you up. So, sorry, but glad to hear your okay.
    Sounds like you got physically more hurt in the pool. But the car things is a hassle. Main thing is your okay. Nice to write to you again.
    That texting stuff is illegal in some states. Read a book about a terrible tragedy when a good young person was texting and driving in a northwest state. The state made a law against it and the kid went to jail for texting, which resulted in terrible car crashes and several deaths.
    Texting while driving is definitely banned in PA. I don't know that she was ... I was looking ahead. But it was an odd feeling indeed that she just plowed right into me. If we had been going faster, I definitely would have been hurt. The poor kid was terrified. I just hope it all goes smoothly on the insurance end. I am really sick to death of all the car problems I've had since moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Glad your OK Fort!
    Thanks Steve. Could definitely have been worse ...