View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday Dec 4

Rate this Entry
by , December 4th, 2015 at 04:17 PM (1107 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Sewy

Warm up:

500 various
100 scull
8 x 25 shooters
100 EZ

Main sets:

6 x 50 burst SDK + cruise @ 1:30
100 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP + 125 EZ)

14 x 25
odds = 100 pace
evens = EZ
150 EZ

Total: 2250

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took yesterday off completely. Did a taper workout at Sewy today. Still feeling so exhausted. But my fever is down and throat is slightly better. I am just really really bored out of my mind ... I am not really a sit on the couch all day kind of person ... I feel a little bit like Stewart did when he had shingles -- counting down the days until your meet and hoping you'll be better in time.

Submit "Friday Dec 4" to Digg Submit "Friday Dec 4" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday Dec 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday Dec 4" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I am just getting back from a busy and crazy week in Vegas with work. So sorry your feeling rough. I liked your positive post about swimming well after sickness and sickness not being the worst thing to happen during a taper. You will be better for next week and will do awesome. Stay positive and keep believing. See you next week.
    I am just really really bored out of my mind ... I am not really a sit on the couch all day kind of person
    I doubt anyone who takes the time to (a) swim and (b) keep a blog about their swimming is a sit on the couch kind of person ... but it's probably what you need to do. Best of luck for a healthy recovery
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I am just getting back from a busy and crazy week in Vegas with work. So sorry your feeling rough. I liked your positive post about swimming well after sickness and sickness not being the worst thing to happen during a taper. You will be better for next week and will do awesome. Stay positive and keep believing. See you next week.
    I've been around the block a few times now -- enough to not let a sickness taper get to my head. I am, however, compulsively taking every known (and mostly unproven) anti-viral supplement in some quantities. Heehee

Staying busy in Vegas may have helped keep your mind off the impending meet too. Or at least distracted you more than usual from taper anxieties.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I doubt anyone who takes the time to (a) swim and (b) keep a blog about their swimming is a sit on the couch kind of person ... but it's probably what you need to do. Best of luck for a healthy recovery
    Thanks Patrick. Having no energy and thus being relegated to the couch is a form of torture. But the legs are getting a serious rest, that's for sure. Now if a magic fairy would just put 2000 lights on my xmas tree ...