View RSS Feed

Questions from Coaches

Do I need to let any USMS member swim in my program?

Rate this Entry
by , November 15th, 2015 at 12:00 AM (970 Views)
Q: If I register a USMS club or workout group, do I need to let any USMS registered member swim at my facility and in my program?

A: Registering a USMS club or workout group does not mandate access to your facility or require you to allow participation in your Masters swimming program. For example, many private clubs, YMCAs, and Jewish Community Centers hosting USMS programs have strict membership requirements and restrict access to their facilities to members only. Guest memberships and drop-in day memberships are at the discretion of the club. Other examples of facilities hosting USMS programs that may have restricted or limited access are military installations and college campuses.

If you have access restrictions, please note them on your Places to Swim listing to eliminate confusion. If your facility allows for potential new members to visit the facility on a trial basis, note this on your listing as well.

Even if your facility has restricted access, you can't keep nonmembers of your facility from affiliating their individual USMS membership with your USMS club or workout group. Once again, you are not obligated to grant access to these USMS members.

Submit "Do I need to let any USMS member swim in my program?" to Digg Submit "Do I need to let any USMS member swim in my program?" to del.icio.us Submit "Do I need to let any USMS member swim in my program?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Do I need to let any USMS member swim in my program?" to Google

Updated December 21st, 2015 at 02:57 PM by Bill Brenner

Categories
Uncategorized