View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 12/29/15: evening

Rate this Entry
I finished out with physical therapy yesterday and have been happy with the results. I am still using the kenesio tape and my homework exercises, and also purchased an Ankle Board that was developed by my PT for strengthening every muscle from the toe to the lower back. He had a used model that I was able to get at a discount so I will be able to continue this work at home. Here is what it looks like (a little unassuming but a great tool):

Today I made it to the pool with the Masters crew, borrowing one of the main sets that TxTim posted earlier

200 free/100 kick/100 pull [did an extra 100]
4 x 25 burst and cruise

3 x
- 2 x 50 on 1
- 1 x 100 on 2
- 2 x 50 on
- 1 x 200 on 4 pull
[used snorkel on all 200s, first round with AP, back on 50s with 100 IM on second, fly on 50's on third round

300 loosen and out
[Masters/Rec/2400 yds/60 min]
------------------------------------

Shared the pain with Greg, Matt, Jim and Beth. Tim was on his own. A great workout. Since my knee is doing better I am planning to add in more kicking, as well as continue using the bike and elliptical a couple of times a week. It has been nice hitting the gym with my son again.

Last night our region had the first snow storm of the year, which was more of a mixed bag with snow, sleet, ice, and rain. It turns out that it broke a record for the latest first snow of the year and also marked 272 days (March 31st) since the last snow fall, which is second longest stretch of days (first place is 275) in history since they started tracking these things in October of 1884. That meant that I was able to get some drylands in this morning as I shoveled the walkway and end of the driveway.

Submit "Workout 12/29/15: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 12/29/15: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 12/29/15: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 12/29/15: evening" to Google

Updated December 29th, 2015 at 10:16 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

haha, so you've already renamed me as TxTimm?
    that looks like a good set, and I like the way you varied things up.

do you balance your feet on that board?
    reminds me of something I've seen at the gym, kind of a half ball. I've seen people use it in all sorts of ways, just standing, some lifting while standing, etc.
    hope your recovery is going well!
    Hope you don't mind, Tim

Pain is nearly gone, no more crunching, and the clicking only happens on stairs, so the knee is doing much better. I've used something as you've described at PT, where i would squat and the therapist tosses a ball to me (kind of like goalie training in my youth). I do balance on the board, moving to various squat positions to engage the quads specifically. A tiring workout!
    cool ankle board!
    I'll share it with my PT's at work (I'm an OT)