View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 01/02/16: morning

Rate this Entry
I enjoyed a quiet day off for the New Year with the family [the new Sherlock on PBS was great last night] and prepared for Masters practice this morning, after grabbing breakfast with my son. With our max time of 90 minutes I have been talking up 50 x 50's and we had a good crew come out today. I brought some tunes to play during the swim to keep everyone on track, and Greg was the keeper of the tally...

200 swim/100 kick/100 pull
2 x 25 drill [things to think about during the swim]

50 x ? on 1 minute
[all choice, 25/50/75, drill or toys optional]
I did 30 x 75s, 20 x 50s for a total of 3250 yds

200 loosen and out [I did 300]
[Masters/Rec/4000 yds/75 min]
------------------------------------

A great challenge set for our group as the main set is over what we typically swim in an hour's practice, and everyone made it! I swam with Greg and Robert, Meg and Kevin were in the middle lane, and Rachel and Melissa were in the far near lane (remember that the Rec is a 6 lane pool set with just two lines). I used the snorkel, pulled and used Agility Paddles along with some stroke 25's during the 75's, and kicked and full strokes during the 50's. Everyone did a great job counting down the number of swims and encouraging each other throughout, and the crew surprised me with a card and gift after the swim. It's amazing how much swimming with the team pushes me to swim more and I think that it helps others to do the same. I am really proud that we all rocked this challenge, and am looking forward to seeing how everyone does with the One Hour Swim at the end of the month.

Submit "Workout 01/02/16: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 01/02/16: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 01/02/16: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 01/02/16: morning" to Google

Updated January 2nd, 2016 at 05:44 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments