Main sets:

5 rounds:
6 x 25 fly w/fins @ 100 pace @ :30
150 EZ

10 x 25 breast, hold best average @ 1:00
300 EZ

Total: 2950

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ouch, was quite sore from weights today. But managed to get through the "fly training." I'll definitely be due for a week off weights before the Buffalo meet. I am thinking about signing up for 100 breast, 100 IM, 50 breast and 50 back based on the order of events: https://www.clubassistant.com/club/m...2258&smid=6970. (Always reserving the right to scratch if the meet is running too fast. ) I wish the 50 back wasn't last as so often seems to happen at meets ... Though perhaps I should do some fly as I haven't raced fly since the Sprint Classic?

There is also a meet at Miami University of Ohio on Feb 13, which I excluded from my list. Great pool, but it's awfully close to the Albatross meet.

Submit "Tues Jan 5" to Digg Submit "Tues Jan 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Tues Jan 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tues Jan 5" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Is anyone else going to that meet from here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Is anyone else going to that meet from here?
    Jennifer P. is going too.

I take the opposite approach from you. I think I swim faster if I race more frequently. (Great NE Champs after 3 fall meets) Will you do any meet before Nationals? (I know it's way harder for you to get away than me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Jennifer P. is going too.

I take the opposite approach from you. I think I swim faster if I race more frequently. (Great NE Champs after 3 fall meets) Will you do any meet before Nationals? (I know it's way harder for you to get away than me.)
    i'll try. but at this point, I'm thinking it'll just be mudhole meets. though maybe Albatross???
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    i'll try. but at this point, I'm thinking it'll just be mudhole meets. though maybe Albatross???
    Personally, I would do Albatross. The timing is good -- March 5. You could rest a little and still have plenty of time to train and taper before Nationals. Lots of good competition. Plus, you've never done SCM right? A chance for a new set of times (do not look at converters).

I've given up on mudhole meets. I just can't stand swimming in sh*tty pools, and I don't feel like it's useful race experience.
    Leslie what scull drill do you prefer?
    Quote Originally Posted by sglines
    Leslie what scull drill do you prefer?
    I like a basic front scull (no kicking) best. Helps with the catch for free, fly, and breast.