View RSS Feed

TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!

My First European Swim Practice

Rate this Entry
I'm finally back on line after moving to Nuernberg and taking two weeks away from swimming.

12:30 to 13:30 at Röthelheimbad mit Hannah-Stockbauer-Halle (in Erlangen, Germany) (LCM) on my own.

Warmup:
600 free - alternate 100 swim/50 drill

Main Set:
4x50 free - build on 1:00 (did :55s)
6x100 free - descend by 2s on 2:00 (1:55, 1:55, 1:50, 1:50, 1:47, 1:48)
4x50 free - build on 1:00 with big, six beat kick
2x50 free all out on 2:00 (there wasn't much in the "all out" tank today)
2x100 - 50 fl/50 bk
2x100 - 50 bk/50 br

2100 meters

Got out without a warmdown because my calves cramped. I don't know what happened since I drank a liter and a half of water this morning. Wow, LC workouts are a bear. I never realized how much I was gaining (and resting) on turns! This stuff should do good things for my stroke.

Submit "My First European Swim Practice" to Digg Submit "My First European Swim Practice" to del.icio.us Submit "My First European Swim Practice" to StumbleUpon Submit "My First European Swim Practice" to Google

Tags: free, stroke
Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Way cool and congrats on your move. This has to be quite a change from Lynchburg! How are the pools and will you eventually find a Masters' team there to train with?
    I hope to find a Master's team because I find it difficult to motivate myself to the point that a team with a coach does.
    It is a huge difference in terms of culture, but the indoor LC pool where I swam today is old but very nice. Cool, very clear, with no post-swim chlorine smell. The locker room is a different setup than anywhere I've ever been.
    You walk in and there are individual changing rooms. From the changing room, everyone shares a common locker room. Then the showers are separated. It was just different, but it seemed to be an efficient use of space.
    Glad to see you back on line. Hope the culture shock is good. Do you speak German?

LC is a bear. It can really break you down, but it's also good for working on strokes.
    What an adventure you're on! New places, new people, new pools.
    Have fun