6 rounds:
1 x 50 double shooters w/fins
1 x 50 EZ

100 EZ

Total: 2550

rehab ex: 20 min
foam rolling & stretching: 30 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was glad that I opted for a recovery workout today. I felt really tired in the water after last night's practice. I find it somewhat harder to swim the next day if I swam the night before as opposed to noon the day before. As usual, the hypoxic work was much easier in the warmer water. I still got a couple calf cramps along the way. I read recently that cramping is really a result of nerve over-stimulation, not all the other long suspected causes.

I signed up for the 1/24 Buffalo meet and booked a hotel. Since it was a flat entry fee, I signed up for 5 events, planning to scratch 1-2 depending on how fast the meet runs.

I finally got around to stretching today. I should not take my flexibility for granted.

Submit "Thur Jan 8" to Digg Submit "Thur Jan 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Thur Jan 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thur Jan 8" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Since I am now coaching on Saturday mornings I am unable to do my regular yoga class and need to find another way to focus on stretching because I agree it's a very important. It's so easy to overlook stretching.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Since I am now coaching on Saturday mornings I am unable to do my regular yoga class and need to find another way to focus on stretching because I agree it's a very important. It's so easy to overlook stretching.
    Easy to overlook stretching and shoulder/scapular exercises ... And sometimes those little things make a huge difference and keep us pain free.