View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Early morning swim

Rate this Entry
Got to the pool by 5:20 this morning and got in a 3,300 SCY workout before rushing off to teach my business law class over at the college. I don't like working out in the early morning, but the Y has cut some of the lap swim hours at lunch to make room for the day campers. It takes me about an hour of swimming to feel like I am awake. I had fins on for some of the sets today, but I felt so lazy that I went about as fast with fins on as I do without.

Worked on a drill today that I learned at the Auburn masters swim camp a few years ago - the 9 o'clock drill. It is sort of a freestyle catch-up drill where one arm is straight out in front at 12 o'clock while the other hesitates at what would be 9 o'clock - straight up in the air. I also worked on big-arm or straight arm recovery drill. You swim with straight arms and this forces you to rotate more and take a bigger stroke.

I have to admit it did feel pretty good this afternoon at 2 to know I had already gotten my workout in for the day.

Submit "Early morning swim" to Digg Submit "Early morning swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Early morning swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Early morning swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments