View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

speeding things up

Rate this Entry
I decided to shorten up my distance and work on speed (per Ande's blog) on the days I swim at LA Fitness (scy) this summer. Here's what I threw together tonight.

---wu---
500 freestyle swim
4 X 125 on 2:00 (smooth swim, not much resting)
10 X 50 free on 1:00 (alternate 2 w/paddles, 2 without)
---Speed sharpening---
12 X 25 Free on :45 (as fast as I could go w/lots of rest)
300 easy free swim
12 X 25 flutter kick hard, no fins (:45 sec interval)
300 easy free swim
8 X 25 sprint (2 per stroke) on :45
100 easy IM cooldown
3,000 yds.
I didn't breath much on the 25's. It felt good to swim a different rhythm. The kicking without fins felt better than I anticipated. I hope this will transfer over to longer distance days and help me hold form and maintain a stronger stroke.
I am so sleepy, I keep dozing off between sentences. Summer school makes me so tired.

Submit "speeding things up" to Digg Submit "speeding things up" to del.icio.us Submit "speeding things up" to StumbleUpon Submit "speeding things up" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's a quality workout, Bob! Nice going. You gotta work on kicking while doing longer free sets too though.

Why is summer school more exhausting?
    I don't know why summer school (shorter day) makes me so tired.
    Sarah and I go out for lunch after school every day (she's taking Economics). Maybe the big lunch is making me comatose. During the normal school year I'm lucky if I get a yogurt and an orange for lunch so I'm not used to real food in the middle of the day.