View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Mon Feb 1

Rate this Entry
by , February 1st, 2016 at 07:40 PM (2212 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Sewy

Warm up:

500 various
100 scull
100 single arm fly
5 x (50 double shooters w/open turn + 50 EZ)
50 EZ

Main sets:

modified USRPT set with built in misses:
28 x 25 fly w/fins done as:
16 x 25 fly @ 100 pace @ :45
:45 rest
8 x 25 fly @ 100 pace @ :45
:45 rest
4 x 25 fly @ 100 pace @ :45

250 EZ

core set: 5 x 100 dolphin kick on back with fins and pull buoy @ 2:00
-- this is pretty tough on the lower back, buoy makes it harder
125 EZ

8 x SDK w/bungee cord tied to block, kick out to resistance and then do 15 fast kicks (counting this as 300)
175 EZ

Total: 3400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another day, another workout. But my fly actually felt pretty good. I realize I have to do fly when I swim solo. It's way too crowded and wavy to do it at Pitt.

The medial epicondyle area of my right elbow has been bothering me for a week or so. New area of pain for me. I may have to skip upper body weights tomorrow or take it easy.

Submit "Mon Feb 1" to Digg Submit "Mon Feb 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Mon Feb 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mon Feb 1" to Google

Updated February 1st, 2016 at 10:31 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Ouch! My shoulders hurt just reading this. I've never tried kicking with both fins and a bouy. I need to give it a try.
    Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by joel schmaltz
    Ouch! My shoulders hurt just reading this. I've never tried kicking with both fins and a bouy. I need to give it a try.
    Nice job!
    Well, I was doing the fly with fins, which de-weights the shoulders. I would never attempt that set without them!

Plus, my 100 pace fly tends to be 7 kicks + 4 strokes per length. So not a ridiculous # of strokes altogether.