View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 02/20/16: Morning

Rate this Entry
We took a quick trip up to Portsmouth, NH, on Thursday to explore the area, then stopped at Hampton Beach on the way home. Here is a shot of my wife getting some beach therapy:

My daughter came home from Philly for the weekend and last night we grabbed some supper on the town and then went to a fundraiser featuring Christopher Kimball, host of America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country. He gave a fun presentation about his time in the business and answered a lot of questions. Someone asked how "he rolled" into the event...he laughed and told about having to clean up from a busted pipe at his house in Rupert and drove himself down to Bennington, about an hour's drive. Who looks more excited in this picture?

After a nice breakfast I made it to the pool this morning with the crew ...

2 x (100 swim, 50 kick, 100 pull)
100 im drill
4 x 25 technique work as group

JBS's Sweedish 1:01 set:
- Start at :01, swim 50 yards, must finish before :60
- next one leaves on :02, then :03, etc (there is the 1:01). Miss :60, rest one, then do 25's
- I did 75s for first 6, kicking through 10, mix of strokes until :18, then snorkel with paddles until :22, then pulling with snorkel until :27. Failed the one leaving on :31, did easy on :32.[(6x75)+(26x50) = 1750 yds]
100 easy
8 x 75 on :15sr (1:20)
- 25 kick, 25 fast stroke IMO, 25 pull

4 x 50 on 1:10 active recovery and out
(Masters/Rec/3100 yds/75 min)
--------------------------------------
Looking back, I haven't done this main set in a while (fall 2014). We had started on the :10, but today we started early on the :01 to squeak in more. We had a full pool with Greg, Matt, Kevin, Julie, and (young) Tim powered through the workout, with Alissa and Marie on their own.

Submit "Workout 02/20/16: Morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 02/20/16: Morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 02/20/16: Morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 02/20/16: Morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I though that was a wax statue of him.
    My daughter said the same - he's not as stiff in person