View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Rate this Entry
by , February 21st, 2016 at 08:56 PM (2507 Views)
Vanderbilt Beach, Naples, FL - 8:30am
Sunny, clear blue sky
62F Air, 60F Water

3 Mile Swim
A beautiful brisk very calm SWFL morning. The was a dolphin swimming just about 25 yds off shore!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0528.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	436.4 KB 
ID:	10267

Although the water was about 60F as indicated by the thermometer, it was very flat. If I could handle the cold water, then it was a good time, with little wind or tide currents to swim two loops which is about 3 miles. Thanks to my friend Heather for swimming it with me! We did it together. Heather's persistently strong pace always challenges me towards more effort, and her navigation keeps me from heading out into the Gulf. Great swim by our other five campanion swimmers for going along with us on the first length! Thanks to all my awesome VB swimming friends, those who were there today and those are were not there for your encouragement and making every swim at VB a great experience!

Submit "Sunday, February 21, 2016" to Digg Submit "Sunday, February 21, 2016" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, February 21, 2016" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, February 21, 2016" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

There's always something supremely magical about seeing dolphins. Did you get at all close to it when you swam?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    There's always something supremely magical about seeing dolphins. Did you get at all close to it when you swam?
    This one was gone by the time we got started. There were a few times last fall when two or three dolphins were swimming about 15 yards off my left shoulder with the beach to my right, which is the closest I have experienced so far.
    Beautiful picture! It's always great to swim with others that can push you, especially in the open water.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Beautiful picture! It's always great to swim with others that can push you, especially in the open water.
    Yes that's so true, and even though afterwards I may be very tired, but will always be inspired and grateful for our shared effort and good group support. As the Gulf water temperature warms up over the next several weeks and months, more swimmers of all levels will be there for the OW swims at VB.