cruise, focusing on breakouts

100 EZ

1 x 50 fast backstroke w/fins, 24ish, missed turn a bit

100 EZ

2 x (25 AFAP free + 50 EZ)

100 C/D

Total: 2250

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After procrastinating forever, I finally wiggled into my one new FINA approved suit and had Mini Fort zip me up. It wasn't as bad as the last aborted attempt, only took about 10-15 minutes. It helps to start with the suit at mid calf. Would have been much easier with two people doing the zipper. But at least it didn't explode. I plan to wear it for one race at the Terrapin Cup.

Think I'm going to rest more and not lift next week. I guess when I start back lifting, I should cut the weight a little this time. lol Oddly, whenever I rest, my shoulders seem to be twitchier. Perhaps it's because I don't do as much RC work since I'm not in the gym. Going to stretch later today.

Food:

Breakfast: yogurt with bare naked granola
Lunch: salad w/salmon & the works
Snack: papaya, raspberries & cherries

Submit "Friday, June 12" to Digg Submit "Friday, June 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, June 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, June 12" to Google

Updated June 12th, 2009 at 06:15 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

What suit are you trying?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwbrundage
    What suit are you trying?
    The only tech suit I could find in my size (25), and I feel damn lucky to get that as there are very few of them currently available: LZR. I tried to get a TYR and a Rocket Skin, but they were not available either at all or in my size.
    I'll be interested to hear your swimming experience with this and comparison thoughts relative to the B70. Given the recent flip-flopping from FINA on masters, will you race in the LZR or continue to use your B70? Or, a little of both?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwbrundage
    I'll be interested to hear your swimming experience with this and comparison thoughts relative to the B70. Given the recent flip-flopping from FINA on masters, will you race in the LZR or continue to use your B70? Or, a little of both?
    As long as both FINA and USMS say the B70 is legal, I'll use it. I was under the impression previously that it was not legal for FINA purposes, but this appears to have been false. So, until that changes, I will use it. However, my B70 is getting pretty old, though it still seems perfectly fast. I will use my LZR for certain races, once at the Terrapin Cup and then a few times in Indy. Frankly, I still feel like I need another racing suit with an older B70 and one fragile suit. If I swim a lot of relays at Nats, I could have 10 swims alone at that meet.
    LZR, huh? You'll have to tell us about your experiences. I might consider the legskins since they are a little cheaper if I could have some confidence that it would last...and if I didn't think, with the current FINA rhetoric ("100% permeable") that the LZR will also be banned for on Jan 1.

Then again, who can predict any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    LZR, huh? You'll have to tell us about your experiences. I might consider the legskins since they are a little cheaper if I could have some confidence that it would last...and if I didn't think, with the current FINA rhetoric ("100% permeable") that the LZR will also be banned for on Jan 1.

Then again, who can predict any more?
    Yeah, we're reading tea leaves at the moment.

LZR was my only choice, besides the Pro. I feel that my competitors will likely not be wearing Pros (including in Sarasota this weekend), that's why I opted for it. If the LZR is done in 2010, that's pretty irrelevant. It doesn't last that long. I've heard mixed things about longevity: (1) max 10 swims if you rinse it immediately after your swim; (2) some GMU folks had good luck at Zones swimming in used LZRs from the college team, suggesting that even though it's stretched it's still fast, and (3) I've heard the USA kids say it stretches right away and is only good for the first few swims.
    Updated June 12th, 2009 at 11:22 PM by The Fortress