View RSS Feed

Workout Swimmer

March 11, 2016

Rate this Entry
by , March 11th, 2016 at 08:37 AM (1741 Views)
Interesting few days. . .
We had this tiny little meet - more of a time trial, on Wed night. We have in Florida "Senior Games" - Tallahassee has a dismal participation rate in the swimming portion anyway, but one must at least swim in the local meet to qualify to go to the "state" meet, where actual competition will be, in December. So I went. After waking up at 4:30 because? I just did. Swam my usual 5000 LCM workout that morning, saw 22 patients, "flew" in after my usual one hour commute for a 15-20 minute warm-up & we had the meet. It was basically an entire meet in 2-1/2 hours, with one gentleman who took 2-1/2 minutes to do a 50 free. He swam the 200 breast, 200 back - 6 events in all. This was nice, because my 100 breast was to be followed immediately by my 50 free, and we had combined heats of men and women for that 100 breast, which meant a couple of seconds rest only, right? (Just like workout) But no, this gentleman was in the breaststroke heat with me, and so I got an extra 5 minutes before my 50 free, lol. I just swam everything about workout pace (1:20ish) but I still was pooped after the 200 and then 500.
This morning I got to swim solo again - looks like the beginning of a trend. Did a boring 4000.
I'm getting worried about my ability to go "fast" in the St.Pete meet, since I don't seem to be able to convince myself to work hard, when I swim in an empty pool all by meself. Next week will be more of the same, with the kids on Spring Break. Gotta do it somehow!!

Submit "March 11, 2016" to Digg Submit "March 11, 2016" to del.icio.us Submit "March 11, 2016" to StumbleUpon Submit "March 11, 2016" to Google

Updated March 11th, 2016 at 06:56 PM by Celestial

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments