View RSS Feed

TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!

June 13, 2009 Practice

Rate this Entry
13:00 to 14:30 at the Swim Center in Röthelheimbad (LCM) on my own.

Warmup:
600 free - alternate 100 free swim/50 free drill

Main Set:
6x100 free on 2:00 - descend by 2s - Went 1:55, 1:55, 1:52, 1:51, 1:47, 1:47
4x50 free on 1:00 - build with strong 6 beat kick - Went :55s
2x50 free all out on 2:00 - Went ~:41s
4x100 on 2:30 in IM order - Wow, backstroke goes on forever and ever. This is about the point at which the young age groupers jumped in next to me and proceeded to lap me in all four strokes!:-(

Warmdown:
200 free

2100 meters

Notes:
I felt stronger in the pool today than on Wednesday, so that's good. But it will take a few weeks to get some endurance back! The one thing I noticed today, is that I can really concentrate on getting a good catch. I worked on trying to feel some acceleration with each catch and pull. It's nice to get into a rhythm.

Submit "June 13, 2009 Practice" to Digg Submit "June 13, 2009 Practice" to del.icio.us Submit "June 13, 2009 Practice" to StumbleUpon Submit "June 13, 2009 Practice" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Is this pool LCM all year around or will go back to SCM in the fall? Just wondering if they have a different procedure in Germany.
    This particular pool remains set up for LCM all year round. There are many others in the area that are SCM and a few outdoor LCM pools. This pool has a master's team that practices from 8:00 to 9:00 twice per week. I think I will try and join them most of the time so that I can get some sorely needed work on my stroke. And so I can improve my fitness!
    Cool, very interesting. Gosh, it seems that you go from a state with very few LCM pools to Germany where they are all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Cool, very interesting. Gosh, it seems that you go from a state with very few LCM pools to Germany where they are all over the place.
    Most of the pools I've swam in outside of the US seemed to be LCM. A few SCM in London, but most everywhere else they seemed to be LCM.

Great to hear that you're getting back into swimming!!! I'd love to be in Bavaria this time of year, would be fantastic running weather.
    I've been in Bavaria for about 6 weeks now and I have to say that I love it so far. It's July 9th and I've had to wear a sweater to the bus stop the last two mornings. Of course, I'll pay for that come January, but I'm certainly not complaining now! The pool close to work is the only indoor LCM pool I know of in this area, but there are quite a few outdoor LCM pools. I hope to explore one of them on Saturday.