View RSS Feed

Workout Swimmer

Complain complain complain. . . .

Rate this Entry
by , April 23rd, 2016 at 05:56 PM (5262 Views)
It's been a while since I wrote in here, or my FLOG. There's a reason for that. . . .
On the positive side, went to the St. Pete meet first weekend in April, and had so much fun! Amazing how NOT entering the 200 breast can do that for ya, lol. And I didn't swim all that poorly, especially when you consider that I haven't really been training to race, and I have decided that going 100% is just not my thing any more. I never was a sprinter anyway.
Now for my beef. I know that my issues are a lot "my fault" or, in other words, the results of decisions I have made. For instance I chose to be an NP, and thus my time in the pool must be before I go to work, or on my days off, if any. I also choose to work at a clinic an hour from home, in a city that doesn't have a public pool. And of course I choose to live in Tallahassee, home of all things triathlon. Is it too much to ask for a local masters SWIM team? People who might like to swim in meets with me? People who might like to race in practice? And I'm not talking about high school and college kids, here! And given that I'm LDS, it would be cool to have some LDS friends who were swimmers too, instead of all LDS people just looking at me funny when I tell them I'm a swimmer. And while I'm at it, it would be nice to have water that is cooler than 85 degrees to swim in. . .and they heat it to that temp, too! And since I'm grousing, when I finally get this swim team in Tallahassee, which has some LDS swimmers on it, and who actually want to train at the same time I do, could they be somewhat similar in speed? And could the water be cooler in this magical land I'm speaking of? Maybe?

Submit "Complain complain complain. . . ." to Digg Submit "Complain complain complain. . . ." to del.icio.us Submit "Complain complain complain. . . ." to StumbleUpon Submit "Complain complain complain. . . ." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We have a tough time getting swimmers to go to meets. I think a lot the younger ones have family commitments that often conflict and the older ones may still be burned out from competing when they were younger or at least not up for that challenge. I agree with you on the 200 br., way more difficult than i thought.
    LOL