View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 192 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
I had another good night of sleep and even woke up an hour before my alarm was due to go off feeling good and for a change not thinking work; thinking kids and wife is so much better!!!

tom had said he wanted to switch up today's workout and he said it with a wicked chuckle and grin. He likes to play mind games and I think I am generally the only one who never reacts. My old college coach would do this and I found that reacting made him happier so I stopped reacting which used to make him try even harder.

as it turned today's workout was tough. Like most of our race pace sets you can make them as hard or easy as you want but swimming them correctly they are brutal. Needless to say I tried my hardest and it was brutal.

Pool was setup LCM

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 1min

main sets
4x(200 at 400 pace on 4mins, 100 at 400 pace on 2mins, 50 at 400 pace on 1min, 2x25 afap on :30) :30 rest between rounds

warm down
300 easy

I had to cut today short because my kids were on deck after the main set and I knew Neil would be running late this morning. I used paddles on the 200 but dropped them for everything else. Despite hurting really badly everyone of the 200s I descended going 2:16, 2:14, 2:12, 2:10. These were awesome but not sure I could hold the last 2 for a 400. The 100s I swam(no paddles) with a snorkel and was 1:04,1:04,1:05,1:05 which again I was really happy with. The guy in the next lane to me went for the 100s on this set and it helped a lot. On the 50s I was :32s and the 25s I was :15/16s. The 25s were mid pool 25s so they were tough to get going on. I was bright red when I got out so I guess it was easy to see how much effort I put in. I was really pleased with today's workout but it was the most difficult workout I have done in a long long time. Tom had my daughters group do this and they found it easier than the 16x100s so it's either the way I swam this set or an age related thing.

Submit "Week 192 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 192 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 192 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 192 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

brutal ... but I'll bookmark it and try!