main, 4 rounds:
* 200 pull @ 3:20 (I think)
* 2 x 50 swim @ 1:00
* 2 x 50 kick @ 1:10
* 3 x 100 @ 1:30
a min rest between each round

200 w/d

TTL: 3800m

I always go through the process of deciding which lane to swim in, but today it wasn't too much thinking. when I arrived, there were already 3 or 4 people lined up for the slow lane, all varying speeds. there were 2 in the fast lane (who I know), so that's where I went. it was a good decision, as I think there ended up being 6 swimmers in the other lane.
No, I didn't make any of those 100s @ 1:30. I kept my fins on. my times were pretty much 1:35, 1:40, 1:40 for each round (once I started to look at the clock). since we had that minute rest, it was fine...I just didn't get as much rest.

I asked a few people about some of the o/w swims in the area after workout, and got a mixed bag of reviews. now some of them are quite dated, and I know things can change drastically from one year to the next (heck weather alone makes a huge difference on an o/w swim), so I'll take them with a grain of salt.

Submit "Wednesday 06082016" to Digg Submit "Wednesday 06082016" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday 06082016" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday 06082016" to Google

Tags: lcm
Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

did you go to the lake in Austin where it is the place to go to swim? I forgot the name. The pics of it look cool from what people posted on facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    did you go to the lake in Austin where it is the place to go to swim? I forgot the name. The pics of it look cool from what people posted on facebook.
    I bet you mean Barton Springs!
    https://austintexas.gov/department/barton-springs-pool

I've gone to check it out, I think that was back in Feb, but the air temp was way too cold for swimming. but I remember there were at least 10-15 people there, some going off the diving boards.

It has been closed for at least the past few weeks due to all of the water releases coming down the river. We've had so much rain that all of the reservoirs are 100%+ full. I'd expect it will be closed for at least another 2 weeks.