View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sun-Mon, June 19-20

Rate this Entry
Sunday Drylands:

I ventured to the Lebo pool for adult swim, but the pool was closed for a swim meet. Shut out again! Because of Father's Day, I didn't have time for a long drive to swim elsewhere. So I contented myself with a couple miles on the treadmill and some drylands at home before dinner.

rehab ex
double rope slams, 3 X 10
alternating rope slams, 2 X 50
med ball slams, 15
single leg stand on bosu in streamline, 1:00 each leg
supine flutter kicks in streamline in bosu, 2 x 100
hammers, 20 X 2 X 30
overhead press, 20 X 3 X 10
kettleball swings, 2 X 15
power wheel roll outs with knees on bosu, 3 X 10
extreme angle ISO squat, 4:00
TRX knee ins, 2 X 10
TRX squat jumps, 10
TRX windmills, 25

Monday: Swim/LCM/Solo @ Lebo

500 various
4 X 25 scull + 25 free with paddles
4 X 50 burst + cruise
50 EZ
5 X (50 AFAP + 150 EZ)
50 EZ
10 X 50 with paddles
odds = free
evens = back
150 EZ

Total: 2650 m

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew, the long course all out 50s were tough. The one that I did fly seemed interminable.

I was hoping to swim long course again today, but I am stuck at the house waiting for a repairmen who is already quite late. While we were at the beach, there was a power outage. That outage apparently fried our Verizon Fios box because we've had no internet, wifi or TV since Saturday. It's like the stone ages here! I think my only swim option is to go to Bethel Park tonight.

Starting to get excited about going to the Olympic trials with my daughter.

Submit "Sun-Mon, June 19-20" to Digg Submit "Sun-Mon, June 19-20" to del.icio.us Submit "Sun-Mon, June 19-20" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sun-Mon, June 19-20" to Google

Updated June 21st, 2016 at 08:12 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What days will you be at Trials? My sister and her family are also going to watch. They will be there for the first 4 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    What days will you be at Trials? My sister and her family are also going to watch. They will be there for the first 4 days.
    Lucky sister! I am there for the week, though I think my plane flight might conflict with the last day of finals. Anna Lea is trying to get together a list of masters swimmers going.
    LC 50s afap are indeed tough. Can't believe you did 5. I did 2 yesterday and took 10 minutes in between. But there are few things better for overall conditioning than 30 sec of all out effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Martin
    LC 50s afap are indeed tough. Can't believe you did 5. I did 2 yesterday and took 10 minutes in between. But there are few things better for overall conditioning than 30 sec of all out effort.
    They were brutal. I did them on about 6:00. I'd like to take more time, but the pool is only long course for one hour. If I get myself to the meet I'm contemplating the end of July, I will need to do 3 x 50 AFAP each day (2 events and a mixed really). So I figure I better get my body used to it ... Can't do them every day though bc they are so fatiguing. Not even contemplating any long course 100s!