4 x (25 scull + 25 free) @ 1:10
4 x 50 burst + cruise @ 1:10
50 EZ
4 x (50 AFAP + 150 EZ)
16 x 50, alt 2 swim w/paddles & 2 dolphin kick on back
100 EZ

Total: 2650 m

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More long course. I haven't been in a short course pool since I was on vacation the end of July. Feels a bit weird.

I've been following the Lochte-Feigen-Bentz-Conger story on swimswam. The comments are pretty interesting. The Brazilian video seemed inconclusive to me, and doesn't really support the Lochte lying narrative exactly. But if what the AP is reporting is true, and it's only hearsay, this is a disaster.

https://swimswam.com/globo-com-repor...n-altercation/

http://summergames.ap.org/article/2-...e-pulled-plane

https://swimswam.com/report-conger-b...ry-fabricated/

Submit "Tues-Thurs, Aug 16-18" to Digg Submit "Tues-Thurs, Aug 16-18" to del.icio.us Submit "Tues-Thurs, Aug 16-18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tues-Thurs, Aug 16-18" to Google

Updated August 18th, 2016 at 03:19 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

It is just quite a bizarre story.
    I just happened to be watching NBC last night (in bed) when they mentioned how the 2 guys were pulled off of their flight. I had to pull out my laptop and get more info...
    If this new version that's emerging is actually true, I feel bad for the young guys. They could possibly be sanctioned or suspended from school, and I guess even be in jeopardy of losing their scholarships.

I'd ask if you want to swim a 5k with me in PA on 8/28, but I've asked twice before and I know the answer

We were talking last week about gym and such. There's supposed to be a Gold's opening nearby that would be rather convenient. We drove by, and it looks like construction hasn't even started. After my next batch of travel, I'll probably do a free 2-week trial at 24 Hour, and maybe join them through the Costco deal. It isn't terribly far, but not nearly as convenient as what I had in AZ. After 2 years, I'd hope that the new Gold's is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    It is just quite a bizarre story.
    I just happened to be watching NBC last night (in bed) when they mentioned how the 2 guys were pulled off of their flight. I had to pull out my laptop and get more info...
    If this new version that's emerging is actually true, I feel bad for the young guys. They could possibly be sanctioned or suspended from school, and I guess even be in jeopardy of losing their scholarships.
    It is bizarre. We can't believe the AP story yet -- it's hearsay from a Brazilian source.

They were drunk outside the village, bad. However, as a lawyer, I rather agree with this swimswam commenter:

1. No video proof of damage by the swimmers.
    2. Video proof that corroborates Lochte’s story – he raised his hands and you CANNOT see what the “security” officer is doing off camera. Why was this cut? They were taken off camera.
    3. No video proof that the swimmers were “joking around” as purported by Brazilian authorities upon them returning to the Olympic village that morning.
    4. Plenty of proof that numerous guests at these Games have been victims of crime.
    5. No ACTUAL proof that Conger or Bentz have admitted to Lochte’s story being a fabrication.
    6. Real, statistical proof that Brazil has an inordinately high level of crime and corruption in their police/justice system (gotta love that they couldn’t even get the athletes names spelled correctly on their warrant!).

Honestly, even if they damaged something, which we don't know, pulling out a gun and detaining them could be viewed as false imprisonment. It still could be Brazil trying to spin their narrative. Apparently, two Aussie swimmers were mugged on the beach last night. The truth is probably somewhere in-between.
    Updated August 18th, 2016 at 03:17 PM by The Fortress