150 EZ
8 x 100 kick
odds = fastish flutter kick w/fins & board around 1:08-1:10
evens = EZ backstroke kick
8 x 50 DPS w/paddles, alt free & back
100 EZ

Total: 3600m

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was an absolutely gorgeous day. Not a cloud in the sky and the water temperature was fine, not too warm. It was rather crowded. But I shared a lane with two swimmers from Lebo Masters. That is vastly easier than circling with the noodlier lap swimmers. I managed to make it through 8 x 50 fly. Held 29s on all of them. I was surprised I could do 8 of them, but I took a bit more rest on the last 3-4. I am anxious to get back to Pitt to see friends there after a month of closure. But it's just too nice to pass up two hours in the outdoor pool right now.

Submit "Tuesday, Aug 31" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Aug 31" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Aug 31" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Aug 31" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Ah you're so lucky to have outdoor pools. I can't believe there's such a dearth of them here in Dallas.
    Was the fly set accomplished entirely with active (50ez) recovery? Or did you also rest some, after the ez? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Ah you're so lucky to have outdoor pools. I can't believe there's such a dearth of them here in Dallas.
    Yeah it seems odd that you wouldn't have more ... There were definitely a lot of very happy adult swimmers to have the extra 5 days outside with extended hours. Too bad it has to end!
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Was the fly set accomplished entirely with active (50ez) recovery? Or did you also rest some, after the ez? Thanks
    I always rest. Usually, when I do the 100 pace 50s, I do them odds = 100 pace @ 1:00 or so, evens = ez @ 2:00 or so. Today, I was resting more than that on the last 3-4. 100 pace 50s are hard, especially fly.