View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed-Thurs Sept 7-8

Rate this Entry
by , September 8th, 2016 at 04:01 PM (1429 Views)

Wednesday:

45 minutes of dryland & rehab ex, then

Swim/SCY @ Pitt

Warm up:

450 various
8 x 50, supposed to be all back-free @ :55
-- I alternated 2 back-free, then 2 kick
8 x 50 w/fins, UW 12.5+ each length @ 1:00
50 EZ

Main set:

The team was doing 2 rounds of a long set. I wanted to do only the second round, so I moved into a split lap lane to do:

20 x 25 IM order @ 100 pace @ :45
-- did single arm fly on the fly bits
250 EZ

kick set w/fins (team was swimming backstroke)
1 x 200, work UWs @ 3:45
1 x 100, UW 12.5+ each length @ 2:00
4 x 50, UW 12.5+ each length @ 1:00
50 EZ
12 x 25 burst dolphin kick to 15m + cruise @ :50
150 EZ

Total: 3000

Thursday: Swim/SCY/Solo @ Sewy

500 various
100 scull
8 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
8 x 25 breast kick w/buoy @ :45
50 EZ
10 x 25, SDK @ 100 pace to 15m then cruise @ :45
100 EZ
10 x 50
odds = double shooter w/fins @ 1:00
evens = EZ @ 1:30
300 EZ

Total: 2250

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I was pretty bushed from last night. I find it hard to swim in the evening and then be recovered sufficiently the next day at noon. So I took it pretty easy today so that I can do some sprinting at Pitt tomorrow.

My shoulder is feeling somewhat better. For once, I started resting it at the first sign of pain.

I am being a little indecisive about my meet schedule moving forward. I had thought about going to the Rowdy meet, but I'm not positive my shoulder will be 100%. I will definitely do the Sprint Classic on Oct. 30 and I am thinking of doing this meet in lieu of NE Champs on Nov. 19-20. http://www.usms.org/comp/event.php?M...0161119SCMNACS. That would allow me to train through December and perhaps taper a bit for the Auburn meet in February. I am not planning on going to Riverside. My allergies & asthma have been debilitating the last 3 years in late April, so I don't want to plan a taper meet for that month this year. Plus, it's a not so great pool, outside, and very far away. I could always go to Zones if all is well. I was hoping to see some Ohio meets on the USMS calendar, but there aren't any listed yet.

Submit "Wed-Thurs Sept 7-8" to Digg Submit "Wed-Thurs Sept 7-8" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed-Thurs Sept 7-8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed-Thurs Sept 7-8" to Google

Comments

Any interest in Canadian Nationals next May? It's in Quebec City and I'm pretty that means it's at the University of Laval. My daughter swam her Canadian University Champs there and said it's an awesome pool. I'm tentatively targeting that as my big meet in the spring; I'll probably still go to swim something at Riverside, but I'd rather race indoors.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Any interest in Canadian Nationals next May? It's in Quebec City and I'm pretty that means it's at the University of Laval. My daughter swam her Canadian University Champs there and said it's an awesome pool. I'm tentatively targeting that as my big meet in the spring; I'll probably still go to swim something at Riverside, but I'd rather race indoors.
    Hmm ... maybe. Is it SCM or LCM?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Hmm ... maybe. Is it SCM or LCM?
    Not sure yet. I'll ping them. Either is fine for me as I turn FINA 50 next year