View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sat-Sun Sept 17-18

Rate this Entry
by , September 18th, 2016 at 06:50 PM (1535 Views)

Saturday: Drylands

Did some of the following for about 50-60 minutes: TRX single leg squats, power wheel roll outs with knees on bosu, single leg stand in streamline on flat side of bosu (1:00 each leg), yoga airplane on bosu (:30 each leg), bicep curl negatives, reverse flys, kettle ball swings, TRX back and forths with forearms on bosu, planks, streamline crunches, rehab ex

3 miles on treadmill

Sunday: Swim/SCY/Solo @ BP

Warmup:

600 various
100 scull
8 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
100 EZ

Main sets:

5 x 15m AFAP SDK off the blocks, cruise back
-- 3 forward, 2 back
50 EZ

20 x 25 backstroke kick @ 100 pace, UW 15 m @ :45
-- 16-16 highs
-- extra :45 rest after #10
200 EZ

20 x 25 breast w/fins (no pullouts) @ 100 pace @ :45
-- 13s
250 EZ

6 x 25 kick w/chute & fins
-- 2 flutter, 2 back, 2 dolphin on back
100 EZ

Total: 2950

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just the usual stuff ...

Until we had a scary incident in my neighborhood this weekend. I live on an idyllic little cul de sac in a safe suburban neighborhood. But on Saturday there was an attempt to lure a child into a car right in front of my house. (I was in the back yard at the time.) The child ran away and the police were called. Anyone reading this that is from Pittsburgh, should call police with the license plate on any full size white SUV with a white spare on the back, balding middle age man. So creepy!

And as if that weren't frightening enough, Lil Fort now has her permit and I had to drive with her today. It's really hard not to continually flinch.

Submit "Sat-Sun Sept 17-18" to Digg Submit "Sat-Sun Sept 17-18" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat-Sun Sept 17-18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat-Sun Sept 17-18" to Google

Comments

OMG that's so awful. I don't think I would be able to let my kids out on their own after that. I hope they catch him asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    OMG that's so awful. I don't think I would be able to let my kids out on their own after that. I hope they catch him asap.
    There were police cars everywhere and it was on the news. I doubt the criminal would come back to our neighborhood. But it's a reminder that bad things can happen anywhere.
    I saw it on the news, but didn't think much of it. I used your post to warn my kids, as my 12 yr old tends to be friendly. This description has popped up in the past too. Wasn't that long ago (couple months?) that we were wondering "whatever happened to that man in the white van?" Ugh, I hope he wasn't successful before and is now shopping for a new kid!