View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 211 - Friday

Rate this Entry
My insomnia has been progressively getting worse each day this week and yesterday I was awake from 1am til about 4am and decided to skip morning practice(first time in a very very long time).

Yesterday afternoon I had another PRP shot but unlike the first one which hurt a little this one hurt a lot. The doctor seemed to take more of my blood and went really deep with the injection. Obviously this is a slight exaggeration but the needle looked like a javelin. It was huge! When we were done I had a huge knot where the plasma was injected and it took several hours to go down. I iced heavily last night and this morning my arm actually felt ok. I am back to kicking for the next week which is ok with me while the injection does its work.

This morning i felt pretty decent and had and had a good set of descending 100s kick.

Warm up
700 kick

main sets
8x50 kick on :50
5x100 kick with fins on 1:20
4x100 kick with fins on 1:15
3x100 kick with fins on 1:10
2x100 kick with fins on 1:05
1x100 kick with fins on 1:00
200 easy
5x200 IM kick on 3:30

warm down
200 easy

i am pretty good with fins kicking streamline on my back and probably could have gone down to trying to make :55. I ended up holding :58s throughout. The 2IM kicks I was holding 3mins which is good for me.

Submit "Week 211 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 211 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 211 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 211 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

That insomnia is miserable. I hope you're able to get back in synch again soon, Stewart. Hope the elbow is on the way to recovery. Will you have to continue to get injections?
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    That insomnia is miserable. I hope you're able to get back in synch again soon, Stewart. Hope the elbow is on the way to recovery. Will you have to continue to get injections?
    this is my second round and the doctor said I may need 3 but was hopeful this one will be it. Fingers crossed this is it!