View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sun Oct 23

Rate this Entry
by , October 24th, 2016 at 06:22 PM (4312 Views)
I did 1600-1700 EZ at Bethel Park.

The right arm swelling has not improved at all. It seems to get worse with swimming and the compression sleeve is not helping. This suggests it is not lymphatic in nature bc exercise and compression normally help that. I had an emergency appointment with my internist today. She sent me for a mammogram and sonogram. They were negative. I am supposed to get a chest CT scan next. There is no medication they can offer. They have no idea what the reason is for the swelling. My internist doesn't think it's idiopathic bc it is localized. I need Dr. House. It is all very upsetting.

Submit "Sun Oct 23" to Digg Submit "Sun Oct 23" to del.icio.us Submit "Sun Oct 23" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sun Oct 23" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Holy cow, Fort. That's scary. Please keep us posted and moreso, I hope it goes down and normalizes soon. Hugs.
    Feelin terrible for you and hope it resolves as quickly as it started.
    Leslie, I took the liberty of sending your last three bicep posts to a swimming friend who is a rheumatologist Dr. and as close to Dr. House as i know. Here are possibilities he suggested from afar and thinks you should get checked, if you haven't already.

"very interesting. things that may be missed include avulsion of the biceps..need mri of that shoulder. would do Mra of "great vessels" and mrv of arm and svc. and if not from shoulder need to look at muscle belly. need echo. could use moderate dose prednisone 20 or 40 mg daily and 6 weeks off. sounds like biceps tear without rupture"

His next possible suspect is much less likely, but missed clot from some underlying issue. BUT his best guess from afar is the biceps avulsion without rupture.

In a way this seems stupid, as he doesn't know you and medical ladvice over the internet isn't a good idea. But seems like you are struggling for answers. so, hope this is helpful and not making the situation worse.

Take care and hoping for the best for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Holy cow, Fort. That's scary. Please keep us posted and moreso, I hope it goes down and normalizes soon. Hugs.
    Thanks Fly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Leslie, I took the liberty of sending your last three bicep posts to a swimming friend who is a rheumatologist Dr. and as close to Dr. House as i know. Here are possibilities he suggested from afar and thinks you should get checked, if you haven't already.

"very interesting. things that may be missed include avulsion of the biceps..need mri of that shoulder. would do Mra of "great vessels" and mrv of arm and svc. and if not from shoulder need to look at muscle belly. need echo. could use moderate dose prednisone 20 or 40 mg daily and 6 weeks off. sounds like biceps tear without rupture"

His next possible suspect is much less likely, but missed clot from some underlying issue. BUT his best guess from afar is the biceps avulsion without rupture.

In a way this seems stupid, as he doesn't know you and medical ladvice over the internet isn't a good idea. But seems like you are struggling for answers. so, hope this is helpful and not making the situation worse.

Take care and hoping for the best for you.
    I so appreciate this Bill. I just left a message with my internist asking if this could be a possibility. Interestingly, I am just getting over bicep tendonitis in that same shoulder. But I don't have the sort of pain that I would associate with a tear ... Another friend told me that it could still be lymphatic despite the exercise and compression not helping. And I did have PRP in that shoulder 2 years ago, which theoretically could effect the lymph system.
    Updated October 25th, 2016 at 11:34 AM by The Fortress
    Wow, sorry to hear about this. I wish I could provide some ideas for what is going on, but I'm at a loss.

Hope things get back to normal soon!