View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Monday 10242016

Rate this Entry
by , October 24th, 2016 at 09:51 PM (27 Views)
Monday AM masters swim workout @ Nitro
LCM

w/u sets:
300 swim
300 kick
300 swim
300 pull
300 swim

main, 3 rounds:
2 x 100 kick @ 2:00
2 x 100 swim @ 1:50
50 stroke
50 easy

wrap-up:
6 x 50, did as 3 @ :50, 3 @ :55

w/d:
200 easy

TTL: 3500m

water felt almost chilly, but after my swimming adventures from the weekend, I found it very refreshing.
I really liked the long warm-up, was perfect for me.
shared a LCM lane with 1 other, a gal I hadn't seen for a while. was nice to swim and chat a bit.

I had a work meeting in the SW part of town. rather than drive home in Austin's rush hour traffic, I finally made it over to...
Barton Spring Pool!

calling it a pool is a bit of a stretch; it does have concrete sides, but most of the bottom is just rocks. there's quite a bit of plant life, and of course it is home to the Barton Springs Salamander.

I briefly chatted with the lifeguard before I got in. He said water temp was 73F (air was low 80s at 4:30pm). He also told me that from his stand to the dam was about 200m.

I did 5, "laps,", where to dam + back was 1 lap:
* did 3, then maybe 5 min break
* another 2

So TTL about 2000m

I'm glad I finally made it there, and it it has an interesting vibe. very relaxing. and there was a little traffic coming home after, but it just didn't seem so bad.

Submit "Monday 10242016" to Digg Submit "Monday 10242016" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday 10242016" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday 10242016" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I remember going there in the summer time and not swimming much. We were always so fried from training that we really used the springs as a place to cool off. I really do need to get back there and do a proper swim!

You had a huge weekend of swimming. Congrats.
    What a great opportunity to do a SLC 800 IM (SLC = "super long course").
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    What a great opportunity to do a SLC 800 IM (SLC = "super long course").
    They should have had that event when Nationals was here in Austin a few years ago

Let me know when you want to come do it, I'll time for you
    I used to live right by there. If you go in the very early morning, the fish are out. I assume they're trout but what do I know? It's very peaceful, in contrast to the mob scene on a hot weekend afternoon.