View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed Oct 26

Rate this Entry
by , October 27th, 2016 at 10:30 AM (5836 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ LA Fitness

600 various
100 single arm fly
4 x 25 power kick
50 EZ
2 rounds: 2 x 25 burst + cruise + 50 EZ
12 x 25
odds= 100 pace
evens = EZ
100 EZ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The arm is still swollen, but my husband estimated the swelling was down about 70% last night (it seems worse this am -- maybe from the salt in the Thai food I ate last night?). The swelling was unremitting for many days. The only thing I've done differently is go to the cryosauna and take a concoction of apple cider vinegar, alpha lipoid acid and butcher's broom. I do have an appt tomorrow with an Ortho and a chest CT scan set up for Monday. The arm did not bother me swimming yesterday as it has on prior days, though it was a little red afterward. I wish I could go to the cryosauna today (and do more RICE) but it is Lil Fort's regional XC championship. Unfortunately, everyone on varsity has some niggling injury including her.

Here are the psych sheets for the Sprint Classic. There are a whopping 239 swimmers in the meet, pretty darn big for an in season meet.
http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=8131

Still not sure what to do about the meet. If it is trauma to the bicep it would seem inadvisable to put maximal pressure on it. I'm just not sure that it is. I'm not really mentally prepared either. I've been a bit unglued being in diagnostic limbo and have not been sleeping well. Not a good combination with so little exercise to mute the anxiety.

Submit "Wed Oct 26" to Digg Submit "Wed Oct 26" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed Oct 26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed Oct 26" to Google

Updated October 27th, 2016 at 11:09 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Hoping you get some answers! And good luck to Lil Fort.
    Sounds better, easing up, and less likely the bicep which would be great. Hope the progress continues.
    Thanks for the concern guys. Appreciate it truly.