View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday Oct 28

Rate this Entry
by , October 28th, 2016 at 05:16 PM (5454 Views)
I went to LA Fitness and did 1100 or so with some 100 pace 25s and a couple bursts. I saw the Ortho prior to the swim. He said that it is definitely not a bicep issue -- too strong on all the physical tests and no pain. Which is a relief, I guess. He also doesn't think it is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. It just would be nice to know the identity of the culprit. I'm going to do some more bloodwork to see if there is any rheumatological concern. I went to the cryosauna today and that definitely helped. I wish I could go tomorrow but they are booked. The Ortho cleared me to swim in the meet on Sunday. I feel like the swelling impedes my flexibility somewhat and is uncomfortable. But at this point I see no reason not to go. I won't be on my A game after the last stressful 10 days where I've been in the water so little. But I think I'd be happier there than sitting at home. So I will Rocky it up. If my arm swells up too much, I will skip the Battle of the Drop Dead Sprinters at the end -- which would be quite sad really. So few of these races for my ilk.

Submit "Friday Oct 28" to Digg Submit "Friday Oct 28" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday Oct 28" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday Oct 28" to Google

Updated October 28th, 2016 at 06:28 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Good luck on Sunday. Wow, that's so strange about the swelling. I hope it starts to turn for you.