View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

B Game, Sprint Classic

Rate this Entry
by , October 31st, 2016 at 09:34 AM (3243 Views)
I took myself and my swollen arm down to the Sprint Classic. I've felt horrible in the water the last couple days. I kind of ignored that thinking that it was stress/sleep related/not swimming much. But I realized after warm up and a couple races (duh) that the lack of circulation was causing fatigue and really driving up my heart rate. I only swam two events, and ended up scratching the battle of the drop dead sprinters. I was too exhausted and my arm was slightly numb. I did set two 55-59 national records in my pet events, although with quite mediocre times for me.

50 fly, 27.0

The start, turn and underwaters were all solid. But I could barely get my arms out of the water the last 2-3 strokes. I know that is not training related. And I only take 13 strokes in a 50 fly. I was so tired afterward that I knew I shouldn't attempt the 100 IM. My fly and free feel the worst right now. Hopefully, I can do a :26 later in the season.

50 back, 28.1

Same story here. My start and underwaters were solid. I did have a bit of a glide into the turn. My turnover lacked some zip, especially the second length. I haven't done any AFAP backstroke since August while getting over bicep tendonitis, so I felt a little rusty. I could not get my heart rate down after this race for a long time. Hopefully, I can knock this time down some more later in the season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later in the evening after I got home, the overall swelling went down and is now localized in the bicep area again. It seems like some kind of lymphedema ....idk ... I had KT tape on before my races. I took it off and was bruised in the entire area, suggesting little circulation. I'm off to get a chest CT scan this am and have a cupping and cryosauna appointment. I had planned on a meet in November. But I'm not going to compete until this clears up. And it looks like I will have to go back to mostly kicking, again.

On the upside, I got to see my PV friends!

Here are results: http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=8131

Submit "B Game, Sprint Classic" to Digg Submit "B Game, Sprint Classic" to del.icio.us Submit "B Game, Sprint Classic" to StumbleUpon Submit "B Game, Sprint Classic" to Google

Updated October 31st, 2016 at 12:54 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized