View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Better today ...

Rate this Entry
by , November 11th, 2016 at 08:04 PM (36 Views)
... maybe even better tomorrow?

I felt much improved from yesterday; still not fast, but smoother and with more power. I hit the JCC in the morning and lollygagged through 1,400 SCY. The highlights, aside from the hot tub afterwards, were strong (but not hard effort) 50s going 30- fly, 32- back and 36+ breast. Those are right fine times if they can be doubled and done in the midst of a 400 IM.

The racing weather will be beautiful as we might be up to about 83/84 each day. I clipped down after my swim and will shave tomorrow. If only I could wear a bodysuit to suck in the gut, life would be sweet.

Events for this weekend:
  • Saturday
    • 50 breast - rev it up and complete the warmup
    • 400 IM - the main event; try not to get lapped
    • 200 fly - the possible event; my fly feels pretty good, but let's see how that IM goes down first

• Sunday
    • 100 IM - the warmup event
    • 400 free - the main event
    • 50 back - probably will skip this*
    • 100 free - probably will skip this*

* I have a HUGE proposal due to a client on Monday morning that they only gave us a week to respond to; almost for sure I need to get out of the pool and behind my computer right after the 400.

Submit "Better today ..." to Digg Submit "Better today ..." to del.icio.us Submit "Better today ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Better today ..." to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments