View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

From Machu Picchu to my local piscina

Rate this Entry
by , January 22nd, 2017 at 01:22 PM (1150 Views)
I mentioned going to Perú in the first week of January. Here is where I spent Epiphany, El Día de los Reyes (January 6):

The altitude at Machu Picchu (around 7k feet if I remember correctly, a little more than a mile above sea level) was a piece of cake after spending several days in Cuzco (two miles above sea level). Coming back to sea level, where we take breathing for granted sometimes, has also meant coming back to the busy-busy of the office... so I haven't been in to swim except on the weekends.

Last week I got in a 3000-yarder on Saturday, and 3200 on MLK holiday. Yesterday I did 2K. Just have to keep getting in when I can, not pay attention to the slow times, and hopefully in a month or so as the busy season (for me at least) starts to wind down, be able to get into the pool more than a couple of times a week.

Submit "From Machu Picchu to my local piscina" to Digg Submit "From Machu Picchu to my local piscina" to del.icio.us Submit "From Machu Picchu to my local piscina" to StumbleUpon Submit "From Machu Picchu to my local piscina" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments