View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Back to kicking again and again and again!

Rate this Entry
I have been back in the pool kicking for about 3 weeks now. At first I could not streamline but each day it has got better and better. My aerobic side is ok but I struggle getting my heart rate high enough by just kicking despite going as hard as I can. We did this little set last week:

400 kick
6x50 kick on 1min
8x(100 kick on 1:40, 50 kick on 1min)
10x50 streamline back kick with fins on :35
16x25 kick on :30 alternating flutter and IMO no free
10x50 with fins on :35
200 easy float

and this today

400 kick
6x50 kick on ::55
5x100 kick on 1:45
4x100 kick on 1:40
3x100 kick on 1:35
2x100 kick on 1:30
1x100 kick on 1:25
100 easy
8x100 kick on 2mins best average
100 easy
8x25 underwater with fins on :30
100 easy

At first the kicking was fun since I had not swum in a while but now my legs are tired all the time and I get bored doing all the kicking. Tom has done a great job mixing up workouts to accommodate me but I so desperately want to swim. I have a doctors appointment on 9th Feb and I am hopeful that I will be able to gradually start swimming after that.

At this point I have almost a complete range of motion and according to the physical therapist I am about 4 weeks ahead of schedule. The sight of the operation looks pretty gnarly but the scar is going to be pretty skinny by the looks of things.

Submit "Back to kicking again and again and again!" to Digg Submit "Back to kicking again and again and again!" to del.icio.us Submit "Back to kicking again and again and again!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back to kicking again and again and again!" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I'm sure all the kicking is boring now, but it will probably pay dividends when you are cleared to swim again!
    Glad to see you're back in the pool, Stewart. I'm sure it's frustrating to just be kicking, but it won't be long before you can start getting your groove back. With your grit, you'll be back up to fighting speeds in no time.