View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Water, Feb. 11-14

Rate this Entry
by , February 14th, 2017 at 01:39 PM (1838 Views)
Saturday:

3 miles on treadmill

Swim/SCY/Solo @ BP:
600 various kick
20 x 25 power kick w/arms at side
100 EZ
10 x (25 fast kick + 25 EZ kick)
400 various

Total: 2000



Sunday:

I went to watch the masters meet at Lebo HS. It was fun to see some swim friends. They even have fins on the blocks there now. And the water temperature is warmer. So I might have to venture there again.

11 miles on treadmill in 2 segments



Monday:

30 minutes of core/yoga/rehab ex

7 miles on treadmill



Tuesday:

40 minutes of drylands

Swim/SCY @ LA Fitness
500 various
6 x (25 fast + 75 EZ)
300 EZ
Total: 1400

4 miles on treadmill



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Well, I've dipped my toe back in the water. Refreshing! But it is SO boring to do nothing but kick with your arms at your side. I did invest in the Arena power breather snorkel, since I'm not supposed to be turning my neck much. I like it better than the previous ones I've owned. I'll probably try to get in the water a few times a week. I can't see boring the crap out of myself on a daily basis! Oddly, it was more tiring swimming just 2000 yards than doing 10 miles on the treadmill ...

Submit "Water, Feb. 11-14" to Digg Submit "Water, Feb. 11-14" to del.icio.us Submit "Water, Feb. 11-14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Water, Feb. 11-14" to Google

Updated February 14th, 2017 at 01:46 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

  1. Doug Martin's Avatar
    Hey Fort, glad you are getting wet! Question: treadmill...3, 4, 7, 11 miles...consistent pace running or do you walk or sprint any?
  2. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Martin
    Hey Fort, glad you are getting wet! Question: treadmill...3, 4, 7, 11 miles...consistent pace running or do you walk or sprint any?
    I can't run -- too high impact right now. I've sort of alternated between vigorous consistent pace walking and slow with HIT bursts of walking. I probably should do more fast-slow work. But, really, I've just enjoyed doing any exercise after months of a forced sedentary lifestyle. How is your swimming going? Are you planning on Riverside/Budapest?
  3. Doug Martin's Avatar
    Practice and meet times pretty much on par, thanks. Probably neither Riverside nor Budapest. Taking a cue from you, I'd rather focus on indoor meets in good pools.
  4. Karl_S's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Martin
    ...Taking a cue from you, I'd rather focus on indoor meets in good pools.
    Wise. Saves a lot of frustration & anguish. If a backstroker, avoid Omega pads as well.
  5. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Martin
    Practice and meet times pretty much on par, thanks. Probably neither Riverside nor Budapest. Taking a cue from you, I'd rather focus on indoor meets in good pools.
    Wise indeed.
  6. elise526's Avatar
    Fort - It seems like you are pushing your body awfully hard after having had major surgery and the flu. Why not consider backing off until the 2017 -2018 SCY season? You are such an awesome athlete and have accomplished so much. I kind of wish you would consider backing down for a few months and let your body heal. Why not consider doing 4 miles on the treadmill and doing just technique work in the pool?
  7. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    Fort - It seems like you are pushing your body awfully hard after having had major surgery and the flu. Why not consider backing off until the 2017 -2018 SCY season? You are such an awesome athlete and have accomplished so much. I kind of wish you would consider backing down for a few months and let your body heal. Why not consider doing 4 miles on the treadmill and doing just technique work in the pool?
    Hey Elise. Idk ... I am not swimming, not running, not lifting, not going to yoga, not doing anything that involves my arm or neck. And I did nothing for almost two months after surgery. I can't see that a lot of walking will impede the healing. I honestly don't have any plans to compete any time soon, even after I get the all clear for swimming. I anticipate that it will take a long time to ramp back up.