View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

PROGRESS!!

Rate this Entry
by , February 14th, 2017 at 03:55 PM (503 Views)
I don't feel like I have gotten in a whole bunch, but even with what little I have done, I feel like I have made progress. One thing is for sure - I feel better in the water than I did a couple of weeks ago.

Friday, February 10
Warm-up: 300 - 100 kick, 100 pull, 100 swim
5 x 100 Free on 2:00 Descend - Get 5 seconds faster with each 100
5 x 100 Dolphin Kick on Back on 2:00 - Get 5 seconds faster with each 100
200 fly drill
100 easy

I was really surprised as did as well as I did on the sets. I used to do these type sets when I was preparing for middle-distance races. On the kick set, I was just a few seconds off where I was 6 years ago.

Tuesday, February 14
4 x 500 kick with fins on 7:30
Odds: Alternate 100 free kick with board and 100 back kick (no board)
Evens: Alternate 100 dolphin kick on back and 100 back kick
100 easy

I am loving working my legs. My approach here is to strengthen my core before I start using my arms more. Unfortunately, during the 6 year break I have taken, I have gained 15 pounds. I want to make my core strong before I place a demand on my shoulders to pull more weight than they are used to. In the process of strengthening my core, I am also hoping I can drop a few pounds. My goal is to add 500 more calories of activity per day while cutting back 250 calories on food. I don't do diets well, so adding more activity and cutting out 250 calories a day seems like a manageable goal.

Submit "PROGRESS!!" to Digg Submit "PROGRESS!!" to del.icio.us Submit "PROGRESS!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "PROGRESS!!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments