USMS Clinic Course for Coaches
by, March 14th, 2017 at 03:52 PM (156 Views)
Q: Why should I attend the USMS Clinic Course for Coaches?
A: Frankly, the demand from adults seeking stroke development clinics far outweighs the supply of clinics provided by well-trained coaches with stroke technique skills. USMS developed the Clinic Course for Coaches (CCC) to increase the supply of Masters coaches who desire the pathway and skills necessary to host a successful clinic. This course provides coaches with a proven method to build a more efficient stroke through a series of progressive drills isolating specific body mechanics.
Many Masters coaches have strong stroke correction skills which serve them well during swim practice or a private lesson. However, the objective of a stroke development clinic is to provide a group of swimmers, of all ability levels, stroke improvement that is measurable both subjectively and objectively and is sustainable.
Masters coaches attending the CCC receive:
A classroom presentation that includes:
- Instructions to conceptualize, plan and implement a successful clinic.
- A detailed timeline for the clinic delivery leading up to and during the clinic
- A proven instructional method delivered through a specific series of drills and skills that isolate specific body mechanics and progressively builds a more efficient stroke.
- Narrated drill videos (available to the coach after the course.)
On deck experience during a stroke development clinic including:
- Watching a mentor coach deliver the clinic as instructed in the classroom and course textbook
- Feedback from mentor coaches
- Practical experience with actual Masters swimmers
So, if you want to learn how to put on a clinic and what to do during a clinic, you should consider attending one of the CCC listed here.