View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Budapest Week 1 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I went to bed at 7:30pm last night and slept solidly till midnight when I had to get up and use the bathroom. I was worried I would have trouble going back to sleep but as it turned out I think I fell asleep before my head even hit the pillow and slept solidly again until my alarm went off for practice.

Today was not as as hard as thought Tom planned on making practice. On one hand it was good but on the other I was kind of looki forward to the set he described on wednesday(100,125,150,175,200 all on 2mins). His modified version was fine but no where near as challenging. My training partner, Bill, was back in town visiting from Indiana today which on its own made for a great time. I did enjoy practice today and it was fun.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catch-up on :50

main sets
8x50 kick on 1min
100 free with snorkel on 2mins
125 free with snorkel on 2mins
150 free with snorkel on 2mins
175 free with snorkel on 2mins
200 free with snorkel on 2mins
200 ez
16x25 on :30 odds choice drill, evens no breath free
15 minutes of Tom time - vertical kick followed by Tom calling out what to do for a 25(fly, no breath free, corkscrew, etc)

warm down
200 easy

just like yesterday I took a while to get going today. The kick I was feeling good and held :41s throughout. On the 100s I was holding 1:03s, the 1:25 I was 1:19, the 1:50 I was 1:33, 175 I was 1:50 and the 200 I was 1:59. I was not going super hard on these Andy instead focused on trying to keep my stroke long. My shoulder is still uncomfortable and I have avoided pushing too hard. The only one I pushed was the 200 and even it my splits were very consistent. Tome said I was :59/1min. He also said my turns and kick were both noticeably slower on the second 100 but he said my stroke looked longer. The Tom time was fun since we got a chance to laugh and joke as we were vertical kicking. All good today.

Submit "Budapest Week 1 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Budapest Week 1 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Budapest Week 1 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Budapest Week 1 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Please tell me this was SCY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Please tell me this was SCY!
    man I wish it was LCM. Yes it was scy.